A few weeks ago, I was honored to record a podcast with Jerry Cahill for his series with the Boomer Esiason Foundation. While anyone who knows me in 3D will attest to the fact that I am certainly no Martha Stewart Fembot, I simply do.not.let.it.slide. on the organizational front when it comes to my health. I mean really, who cares if your ironing laundry is done or your spices alphabetized groceries put away if you're too healthy to wear anything but pajamas or eat anything but soup at all?
I know it sounds like quite the leap to insist that a notebook of papers can be a direct, primary, make-or-break cause of maintaining a healthy baseline, but I swear on my falling-apart, please-don't-strand-me car that it does.
If you wound up on this here little blog o' mine via Jerry's link (or the podcast itself, you good-listener, you) then HI! and Welcome. I'm still working on finishing a template of my "cheat sheet" that you can fill out for yourself, and redacting the boring-identity-details-you-don't-need-unless-you-plan-to-steal-them portions of my healthcare power of attorney so you can see an example of what such a document looks like for a chronically ill, control-freak twenty-something. I hope to have them up here by the end of the week, so stay tuned. In the meantime, feel free to poke around in my archives, or check out the links to the more popular, definitive posts - they're listed in the sidebar under "Breath Sentence: Greatest Hits". You can also click on the "New? Start Here" tab above to learn more about CF, why I started this blog, and what I'm all about. The "Resources" tab has links to lots of nifty little sites around the interwebs with info about various aspects of CF and other things I think are helpful. Once I get the templates finished, I'll have links to them there as well.
If you haven't listened yet, please check it out here.
Thanks again, hugely and publicly, to Jerry for the opportunity to do this. If you get a chance, swing by his website for podcast archives, and check out his actually-inspiring-not-just-catagorized-as-"inspiring"-video here.
No comments:
Post a Comment