However, I never have had or will have an itty bitty waist, so calm down everyone. Harhar!
So before my big "Health Kerfuffle 2009", I had gained a fair bit of weight and had maintained it for a fair bit of time. It was, in fact, an fair enough bit of weight for a fair enough bit of time that I went out and bought a fair bit of new clothing, namely jeans. Now pardon me and my salty language, but for the first time in my twenty-two and a half years of living, I had an ass. A NICE ass. And boobs, real, live, flesh-not-bra boobs! Unfortunately, my body decided to take the "last one hired, first one fired" approach when it started shedding weight, and now both assets are gone, but my enduring-since-infanthood tumtum has remained. I will begin actually working out to help redirect weightgain (as well as improve my overall health) starting tomorrow, but in order for that to work, I need to actually be gaining weight at the same time.
That's where you beautiful people come in to help a cyster out. (Love that term, by the way!). I'm at a just-barely safe BMI level, so I don't have my doctors breathing down my neck, nor do I need to be doing anything too crazy or drastic, but I need to gain about 8-10 lbs, and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE and be so appreciative of any and all suggestions of how to do so, particularly suggestions that:
- do not involve cream cheese, sour cream, or yogurt in any incarnation. I simply do not like them and cannot eat them (with a very few rare exceptions for sour cream, so long as it's hot and mixed in with a bunch of other stuff).
- preferably are not the fat-content equivalent of eating whole sticks of butter. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE some butter. I would much rather just have a big bowl of that first step of cake batter, the butter and sugar creamed together, with a candle in it and a spoon than an actual cake for my birthday - I think it's probably one of my favorite foods-that-aren't-really-food in the whole wide world. BUT, for the time being, my reflux is giving me lots of grief, and it seems to be triggered less by over consumption of acid and primarily by fatty McFood.
- are primarily based on real, grown-up, somewhat sophisticated and/or nutritious food. Any CF or HighCal searches I do either turn up down-home kiddish food (most of which I didn't even really eat when I was a kid, and certainly can't eat pans and pans of by myself) or dessert. Really?! A chocolate peanut butter butterscotch caramel turtle pie is considered a high-cal food?! Eureka! Pardon my sarcasm, but really, I think once you grow up and the novelty of being the only kid allowed to eat crap anytime she wants to has worn off, the idea of eating dessert three meals a day for any consistent amount of time ceases to be all that appealing.
SO. There you have your challenge, should you choose to accept it! I'll post back some of my own little tricks and tips in a bit, but for now I'm off to the grocery store...oh the irony. Thanks!
I would suggest pasta (with pasta sauce, obviously), only it gets real old real fast, and theres only so much of the orange stuff you can eat. When I was 11 and in major need of weight, my mum plied me with milkshakes and special crispy cakes (instead of just chocolate and crispies, its marshmallows and mars bars with crispies) although that kind of falls into the kiddy section.
ReplyDeleteI managed to gain enough weight to get the dredded PEG out by eating crumpets doused in syrup, although i'm told you don't really have them in the US. Either way, great snack and they don't look like kids food. Think tea shop. Yum yum. (sorry about the lack of help though!) Xx
When I needed to gain weight, I added peanut butter to pretty much anything and everything. I also ate a lot of bananas. It's all about calories in, calories out when it comes to gaining weight.
ReplyDeleteYou should also make sure that you're taking the right amount of enzymes. After all, if you're not properly digesting all of the extra calories, then what is really the point?
Search out any shake that is high in protein and calories and try to drink 2 of those a day plus 4 to 5 meals. The meals don't have to be "meals" everytime as snacks will suffice if you are feeling full or bloated.
Believe me, I have a tummy also, and I feel super bloated and sick if I eat to much food. I've really been concentrating on less food, more times a day.
Hope somewhere in all of that rambling that something made sense!
Ronnie
Have you tried adding an extra meal? I sometimes eat two breakfasts or two dinners. Or maybe bump up the calories in breakfast. I sometimes eat French toast with peanut butter on it and 4 pieces of that is a hefty meal. If you can stand shakes, I made up a recipe for a 1000 Cal dairy free one (I'm allergic to dairy products), but it involves yogurt (soy) which is on your no-no list--6 oz yogurt, 2 tbsp flaxseed oil, 2 tbsp olive oil, 4 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 cup soymilk mixed in blender with sugar/chocolate syrup to taste. I've put on 10 lbs while majorly increasing my exercising with the extra meal or shake.
ReplyDeleteHey
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog through 1 of my followers and wanted to say hi!
I love reading about CFers and learning new stuff!! Anyway love the blog!!
xox
Kellee
Oh and on the whole weight thing..Everyone tells me my hubby is the fattest Cfer ever =)
ReplyDeleteI stuff him full of fatty fatty foods even when he dont know it!!
I add extra extra butter and cheese to mac & cheese and add loads of butter to just about everything!!
Good luck lovie =D
Dang my assets disappeared long ago. :( Yeah, I have to agree.. lots of pasta and peanut butter! Also high calorie shakes between meals. I always loved Scandi, but many CFers detest them. I would never, ever encourage fast food or greasy foods. I try to eat healthy, and I think it pays off both short and long term. It just makes me feel better and have more energy.
ReplyDeleteThey are gross but they work... Ensure!! I myself can't stomach them but they do work and I upped my enzymes and took them before the can during the can and after it was all gone I gained 10lbs in a month or so. This is when I was 16 my mom bribed me with being able to get my belly button pierced. It is still pierced to this day :)
ReplyDelete